Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A day of Rememberance

I flew my flag today. I flew it just like I flew it each September 11th for the past 6 years. In fact, I flew it everyday from September 11, 2001 until September 11, 2002. I flew it as a daily tribute to all those who senselessly died at the hands of religious fanatics. I am so proud to be an American citizen, to enjoy boundless freedoms and to have the infinite good fortune that has come my way.

I like to think I am fairly well informed. I like to think I am fairly well read. That being said, I don't know of another country on earth that provides so many opportunities for an individual to achieve success, pursue happiness and live a worthwhile life. Those are a powerful combination.

I find that, even though I live a relatively normal life, in the back of my mind I keep alive the thoughts of just how life has changed since September 11, 2001. In the back of my mind, somewhere deep inside my brain, I subconsciously think about where and when the next senseless attack will take place in this country. It's sad.

God bless those who have lost their lives and those families and friends left behind to grieve. I hope we have all learned lessons from these events.

DAM

No comments: